The No Skills Needed Festive Bunting...

Thursday, 18 December 2014



 Helllloooo, whilst procrastinating from doing anything remotely useful for my degree I made bunting for my house and actually enjoyed myself. So I thought I would share it with you all so you can hopefully make your own stress-free bunting!


Step One : Pick your fabric. Festive is best of course! I picked two to do alternate but you can have the same or have each triangle different. 


 Step Two: Draw out your triangle on the wrong side of the fabric. I made the top of mine on the fold of the fabric to save on sewing! The measurements are up to you whether you want tiny triangles of really big ones! Just remember they will be smaller when you sew them up. 


Step Three: Cut it out! But make sure you keep the wrong side facing out ready to sew. 


Step Four : Sew it up! I did use my sewing machine but if you don't have one you can hand sew. Make sure you leave a small hole so you can turn it the right way round. 


Step Five : Then turn out it the right way by pushing it through the small hole you hopefully remembered to leave. Then to turn out the corners properly, you can use a kebab stick or a pencil to poke them through. 


Step Six: Now sew up the hole you left.  


Step Seven: Repeat this until you have the amount you want.

 

Step Eight: Now you just need to attach them. I used a long scrap of the holly fabric folded over each triangle and then zigzag stitched over the top. You could use ribbon or a string of beads or bells or tinsel. The festive possibilities are endless. 


Le Fin!


Let me know if you try this and I would love to see any pictures of your own bunting!