' Me Before You' Review..

Wednesday, 12 November 2014


'Lou Clark knows lots of things. She knows how many footsteps there are between the bus stop and home. She knows she likes working in The Buttered Bun tea shop and she knows she might not love her boyfriend Patrick.

Will Traynor knows his motorcycle accident took away his desires to live. He knows everything feels very small and rather joyless now, and he knows exactly how he's going to put a stop to that. 

What Will doesn't know is that Lou is about to burst into his world in a riot of colour. And neither of them knows they're going to change the other for all time.' 

This was in my collection of books I kind of purchased on a whim, just after seeing it on every book shelf. But this is really a very well written book. The emotional attachments made to the characters are absolutely heart wrenching.

The book covers a lot of hard subjects such as adultery, disability, euthanasia and unwanted relationships, I completely ate up every word as I became so involved in every emotion the characters were feeling. The balance of the bubbly and colourful Lou opposed to the troubled and cutting Will makes for a heart warming read. I must add however this is not for the faint hearted as the final chapters even melted my icy heart, any seasoned John Green, David Nicholls or Jodi Picoult will understand my pain!