'When God Was A Rabbit' Review...

Sunday, 28 September 2014

'This is a book about a brother and a sister. 
It's a book about childhood and growing up, friendships and families, triumph and tragedy and everything in between 
More than anything, it's a book about love and all its forms.'


First things first, I'm the realest. (Sorry).
But seriously I apologies for how erratic my posts have been recently, I have recently returned to uni meaning that I actually have things that I need to do other than blogging *BOOO*. 
However I am getting back into reading on my commute which I thought I would report back on as books are one of my fav things to talk about. 

Soooo this book I really enjoyed, it is a window into the life of  Elly and her relationship with her brother Joe. The book touches on some very serious subjects including 9/11, abuse, divorce, death and kidnapping. But these events act as mile stones throughout the book and means that it has a properly raw edge to a story which is laced with a sense of childhood magic and family life. Think the film 'About Time' mixed with 'The Perks of Being A Wall Flower'.
I really liked the way how the author (Sarah Winman) creates this events inside of your mind whilst your reading instead of writing them down, meaning that when they actually hit you they have a much bigger effect on you! 

Overall I would give it 4/5 Stars. A good book to get back into reading with!