August Favourites

Thursday, 4 September 2014


Better late than never... 




These little bundles of joy are my new obsession. I always used to enjoy picking out new stationary 
for school and even though I am nearing 20, I bought two books full of sticky notes.
 BUT CAN YOU BLAME ME. Look at them. How beautiful. I am currently using them for making notes for uni on various books, which adds some interest to something which is not exactly exciting.


As you have no doubt seen I recently went to Rhodes with my friend Gabby. Among the sea water, sand, chlorine and sun cream my skin was not in the mood to be messed around with by piling on heavy products. My alternative to this has been for my face The Body Shop's Vitamin E Moisture Creams. With one for day, which is a gel consistence and one for night which is a much thicker whipped cream consistency. I loved how these moisturized my skin without making them feel clogged, it also helped to pro-long my tan once I returned back to England (sigh). 

The other is coconut oil which I bought a while ago from Superdrug and for some reason I just put it to the back of my shelf, but I have rediscovered this and I have emptied it in a matter of weeks. The oil is in a solid state which then melts onto your skin and is absorbed. I also use this on the ends of my hair as an alternative to argon oil. It is also is a lot cheaper at only £2.29. 


Finally I returned home to a little parcel from India! I have been wanting to try Henna all summer and I finally got the chance to ! I would definitely recommend getting the all natural brand and although it takes a while to get the hang of! Although I didn't think this was too bad for a first attempt. 

Let me know what you have been loving this month or link your monthly favorites down below! 
Bring on September!