Book Review : 'You're The One That I Want' by Giovanna Fletcher

Thursday, 12 June 2014

'Maddy, dressed in white, stands at the back of the church. 
 At the end of the aisle is Rob - the man and the she's about to marry. 
Next to Rob is Ben - best man and the best friend any two people ever had. 
And that's the problem. 
Because if it wasn't Rob waiting for her at the alter, there's a strong chance it would be Ben.'



I picked this up after a recommendation from a friend after her first book. I'm not really a 'chick-lit' kind of girl, however I really loved this book. 
The story centers around three characters: Maddy, Ben and Robert. Best friends since primary school, the book follows them as they travel through school and uni. But most importantly it follows the love lives as they overlap an intertwine in heartbreaking ways.
This is just a really easy, well written and just a really refreshing love story. This is definitely a great book to read on holiday or if you need a break after a hard or bad book, as this will definitely cheer you right up.    

I would love to tell you all what book I will be reading next but ... I have no idea myself. I'll be a surprise.